With Perforce Helix integration , AutoRABIT provides seamless continuous integration for Salesforce customers using Perforce as their version control system .
With AutoRABIT , Salesforce.com customers with Perforce as their version control system can perform the following :
- Check-in the changes from Salesforce Org directly to Perforce Helix with AutoRABIT from browser.
- Create Salesforce CI Jobs to deploy changes from a Perforce Helix Stream into Salesforce Environments.
- Select a particular changelist in Perforce Helix on-demand , perform Org level comparison and deploy the changelist into Salesforce environment .
Here are step-by-step instructions on AutoRABIT – Perforce Helix integration to seamlessly perform CI for Salesforce applications.
Creating a CI Job in AutoRABIT Using Perforce
You can create a continuous integration job in AutoRABIT, with Perforce as version control.
Registering a Repository
- Click Version Control in the menu bar; in the succeeding screen, click Register Repository.
- The following screen is displayed:
- In Version Control System, select Perforce.
- Give a Display Name.
- In P4PORT, supply the name of the root URL.
- In Depot, enter the name of your existing depot.
- For Authentication, give your User Name and Password of your Perforce Helix account.
As the Perforce Helix Depo is registered , you can now create new or load existing streams from Depo into AutoRABIT.
Creating a Project
Version Control Details of Build Settings
- In Version Control Details, select Perforce and fill in the details of:
- Stream Name
- Start Changelist number
You can also provide other details like the destination Salesforce environment , code coverage and static analysis and scheduling for the CI job.
CI Job Results
As the job is run you can find the job results in “Home” section of AutoRABIT for the CI Job.
- Real time status of Packaging , deployment and Test execution.
- List of Salesforce metadata metadata members Packaged and deployed in the job run.
- Lines of Code modified for various Salesforce metadata members .
- Code Coverage.
- Static Analysis results for the Apex Code.
- Functional Test results [ if run ]
Auto-Commit to Version Control
Auto-commit the changes from your Salesforce Org to Perforce Helix.
EZ-commits using AutoRABIT
Using the EZ-commits feature in AutoRABIT, developers can commit the changes directly from their browser to Perforce Depo without any IDEs, plug-ins or clients. This ability will speed adoption of version control for Salesforce teams.
In the following screenshot, Perforce Helix Stream and Salesforce Sandbox are compared to identify the set of changes done in the Salesforce environment and not yet committed to Perforce.
Developers can select some or all of the changes, optionally attach a user story context to the changes and make a commit to send the changes to the version control system.
AutoRABIT has the best Continuous Integration for Perforce Helix and adds more value to Salesforce.com customers using Perforce as their version control system for automating their packaging , deployment and testing of Salesforce Applications.