Salesforce Continuous Integration
In today’s high-velocity digital environment, applications are the key business enablers to drive innovation and scale. Applications act as a gateway for the enterprises to bring in top-line results, explore new markets, and enhance customer experiences. Hence, to support dynamic business requirements and embrace digital business transformation, enterprises must build and deliver high-quality software/applications at the speed of ideas. Modern software development practices like Agile and DevOps empower enterprises to achieve faster release cycles, accelerated application delivery, and better customer satisfaction.
“According to Forrester Research, 2018 -The Year Of Enterprise DevOps, “organizations which have adopted automation across the complete life cycle including continuous integration, continuous delivery, and production deployment have experienced more velocity and quality.”
What is Continuous Integration?
Continuous Integration (CI) is an Agile software development best practice. It allows developers to integrate their code into a shared repository early and often. The code is then verified with an automated build to ensure zero bug interference so that the code works as intended.
Salesforce Continuous Integration – How does it work?
How does a continuous integration workflow look? Primarily, adoption of a version control system facilitates Continuous Integration. The version control system works as a single source of truth for the production org and provides traceability of the changes made. After the integration of code by developers into the repository, the system starts compiling the code and running unit tests and any other required tests through a set of automated frameworks. Testing code early in the software development lifecycle uncovers errors quickly, allowing early correction and minimizing launching delays. By automating deployments, the code can be deployed to higher environments after the initial testing, thus meeting quality benchmarks.
AutoRABIT for Salesforce Continuous Integration
AutoRABIT is an enterprise-scale end-to-end continuous delivery and release automation suite. It offers fast, simple, and secure Salesforce Continuous Integration and delivery. AutoRABIT helps its customers achieve Salesforce Continuous Integration. AutoRABIT has some unique CI capabilities that keep deployment footprints lean. It provides automated test execution, code coverage, static code analysis enabled as part of CI deployments.
- Version Control Integration—connects people and processes with the industry-leading version control systems like GIT, SVN, TFS and Perforce; offers a complete audit trail and history of the code, and code changes made—by whom and when.
- CI Jobs Feature—enables automated deployments, on-demand or scheduled daily/weekly; gives code coverage and static code analysis reports for deployments.
- Gated Check-ins—ensure only the executable code is committed into the version control system.
- Build Automation—facilitates faster builds while eliminating manual efforts.
- Test Automation—improves the code quality and stability.
- Success/Failure Notifications—help the teams respond quickly in case of build failures.
- Automated Deployments—simplify code deployments to the higher Salesforce Orgs after checking the code for readiness; empower development teams to release valuable features more often and in incremental steps.