The Bluewolf State of Salesforce 2015 – has given some interesting insights on the areas in which the strategic investments are being made by Salesforce customers in 2015.
Promising and forward driven insights:
- The rise of the mobile adoption of Salesforce1 Platform to 89% in 2014 compared to 42% in 2013 is phenomenal indicating the rise of custom mobile apps by at least double the number in 2015 .
- Community cloud is going to be key area of adoption as per the survey.
- Investments in Analytics is on top-of everyone’s agenda. Can’t have better timing for wave.
- More than 50% use multiple clouds. A sign of adoption for the innovations.
Not so promising insights:
- 38% companies are not feeling confident of instance data. It means more budgets for Data Cleansing tools. AutoRABIT Salesforce Data Cleansing tool in the next quarter will for sure have warm welcome 🙂
- 93% are invested in Analytics tools but more than 1/2 live outside Salesforce
- 63% does not have single Salesforce Dashboard to measure marketing activities. That sounds little puzzling.
However, the significance for us at AutoRABIT, echoed by Bluewolf’s (State of Salesforce 2015 – Annual Review) in suggesting customers to move towards a Salesforce specific release management tool for faster go to market and a cloud governance model that encompasses continuous integration , Test Automation and end-to-end Process Automation.
A few years ago when we started our journey with AutoRABIT into Continuous Integration (Continuous Delivery) on Salesforce.com, only very few teams would engage with us on the topic. Most of the teams were proud of the Agile framework they were implementing!
Fast-forward 3 years, now most of our discussions are around our client’s roadmap and goals on Continuous Integration and a few of them about Continuous Delivery! This change has been profound and reflects on the accelerated maturity of the force.com platform in such a short span of time.
The ecosystem of partners (both products, SI and consulting partners included) around Salesforce.com needs to support the Salesforce.com customer base with much-needed models and frameworks to ensure success and faster evolution of the technology.
@Bluewolf, great report to the Salesforce world – http://www.bluewolf.com/landingpage/sosf_report/
About AutoRABIT: A Release Management software for Salesforce.com platform enabling automated deployments, Sandbox sync , Version Control, Test Automation, Data Loading and centralized Salesforce.com IT governance tool for all Salesforce.com implementations.
source : Salesforce BlueWolf Report (www.bluewolf.com)